E-Foods Limited (we) are committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy.
This policy applies to:
- Any personal data provided by you or any usage information we may collect from you in connection with your use of any of our websites including e-foods.co.uk, e-foods.freshmarkets.co.uk and catercloud.com or our online services such as Freshmarkets and Catercloud (collectively referred to in this policy as the Services).
- This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below.
A Important information and who we are
B The data we collect about you
C How is your personal data collected?
D How we use your personal data
E Disclosures of your personal data
F International transfers
G Data security
H Data retention
I Your legal rights
A. Important information and who we are
We, E-Foods Limited are the controller and are responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy).
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: E-Foods Limited
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: our primary offices at Willow House, Orbital 24, Oldham Street, Denton, Manchester, M34 3SU
- Telephone number: 0161 337 9154
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
B. The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data includes name, title, username or similar identifier
- Contact Data includes contact address, IP address, email address and telephone number.
- Transaction Data includes details of transactions made and completed using the Services.
- Device Data includes mobile device, unique download ID and/or mobile device fingerprint.
- Profile Data includes your username, password and preferences.
- Usage Data includes information on how you use the Services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your marketing and communication preferences.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details
C. How is your personal data collected?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information (including Identity, Contact, and Marketing and Communications Data) you consent to giving us about you by completing fields on our websites, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register or create an account to use the Services, subscribe to any of our Services, using the Services, give a review or when you report a problem with the Services. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use the Services we will automatically collect personal data including Usage Data. We collect this data using cookies and other similar technologies.
- Information we receive from other sources including third parties and publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below :
- Device Data from the following parties:
search information and analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU; and
advertising networks such as Google Ads, Facebook and Twitter based outside the EU;
- Contact Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Sagepay and Worldpay based inside the EU.
D. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- If you have requested information from us and/or subscribed for services from us and you have not opted out, you will receive marketing communications from us.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by contacting us.
|Purpose/activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To register you as a new user of the Services||Identity Contact Device Financial||Your consent Performance of a contract with you|
|To process transactions and deliver the Services and to manage your account.||Identity Contact Device Marketing and Communications Financial||Your consent Performance of a contract with you Necessary for our legitimate interests.|
|To manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the Services||Identity Contact Profile Marketing and Communications||Your consent Performance of a contract with you Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep records updated and to analyse how customers use our products/ Services) Necessary to comply with legal obligations (to inform you of any changes to our terms and conditions)|
|To administer and protect our business and the Services including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing||Identity Contact Device Transaction Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, statistical analysis to improve our services and business efficiency)|
|To deliver content and advertisements to you To make recommendations to you about goods or services which may interest you To measure and analyse the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you To monitor trends so we can improve the Services||Identity Contact Device Profile Usage Marketing and Communications||Consent Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our Services and grow our business)|
E. Disclosures of your personal data
When you consent to providing us with your personal data, we will also ask you for your consent to share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the above table:
- Other members of the EF Group of companies (of which E-Foods Limited is a member) for the purpose of delivering the Services.
- IT Service Providers who help us deliver the Services (such as Zendesk and Dotmailer)
- Our insurance company and claims handling companies for the purpose of investigating and settling any insurance claims.
- Enforcement and regulatory bodies where we are legally required to do so or to investigate any alleged criminal offence.
- Analytical and search engine providers to assist in the improvement of the Services.
F. International transfers
Some of our external third party service providers are based outside the UK so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
G. Data security
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
G. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rightsbelow for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
I. Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors use the Services. This helps us to improve the way the Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you use the Services. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests.
|Cookie Title Cookie Name||How Long the Cookie Lasts for||Purpose||More information|
|Google Analytics _ga _gid Datatables Cookies PHPSESSID _utma _utmz _utmb _utmt _utmc||2 years 1 day 1 month 2 years 6 months 1 day 1 day Session||These cookies are set by Google Analytics and are used to collect information about how visitors use our Services. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Services. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. These cookies assist with the provision of data tables in our software.||https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout https://datatables.net/|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.